- Promises and Perils of Green Finance, Workshop Planetary Futures: Integrating Social and Natural Sciences for Transformative Change,
Research College in Human Schiences, July 25, 2022, Bad Homburg.
- The Impact of Environmental Determinants in Executive Compensation, Closing Conference The green transition in times of war and energy crisis, Fifth International Summer School Banking and Capital Markets Law, Universitá Cattolica, July 15, 2022, Online.
- Who Should Hold Bail-in Debt and How Can Regulators Police Holding Restrictions Effectively?, State Aid to Banks in Crisis: Outlook Following the Tercas Case, Università di Siena, June 30, 2022, Siena.
- Venture Capital and European Corporate Laws, Private Equity and Venture Capital: A Transatlantic Law & Finance Debate,
CAS LawFin Goethe University, ECGI, and LSE conference, June 23, 2022.
- Kapitalmärkte gegen Klimawandel [Capital Markets Against Climate Change], Amongst Friends, Alumni of the Goethe University, June 21, 2022, Online.
- The Impact of Environmental Determinants in Executive Compensation, Ninth French-German Symposium on Corporate and Capital Markets Law, Max-Planck-Institute of Foreign and International Private Law, Juni 9, 2022, Hamburg.
- The Role of Disclosure in Green Finance, Robust Nature Colloquium, Goethe University, April 19, 2022, Frankfurt.
- The Role of Disclosure in Green Finance, Faculty Workshop, Goethe University, Dezember 1st, 2021, Frankfurt.
- The Role of Disclosure in Green Finance, Meeting of the Board of Trustees of the House of Finance, Goethe University, November 16, 2021, Frankfurt.
- The Role of Disclosure in Green Finance, 6th Inclusive and Sustainable Finance Research Conference, University of Luxembourg, ADA and the European Investment Bank, November 16, 2021, Online.
- Online Shareholder Meetings – Past, Present, and Future, German-East Asian Conference on Corporate and Capital Market Law, SAFE, November 9, 2021, Online.
- The Role of Disclosure in Green Finance, SAFE, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, ECB Conference on Sustainable Finance, September 15, 2021, Frankfurt.
- Reacting to Capital Shortfalls and Managing non-performing Exposures, University of Siena, September 10, 2021, Siena.
- Banking Union, The future of the EU economic policy system: Economic requirements and legal conditions CEPR/EUI Robert Schumann Center, September 10, 2021, Florence.
- Can Green Finance Work? The Role of Intermediaries, International Summer School Banking and Capital Markets Law, EBI and Universitá Catolica des Sacro Cuore, July 23, 2021, Online.
- Can Green Finance Work?, International Summer School Banking and Capital Markets Law, EBI and Universitá Catolica des Sacro Cuore, July 22, 2021, Online.
- Can Green Finance Work?, SAFE brownbag, June 2nd, 2021, Online.
- The Case for a Normatively Charged Approach to Regulating Shadow Banking, Brooklin Law School, April 4, 2021, Online.
- 8th Frankfurt Conference on Financial Market Policy: Covid-19, Bank Capitalization and Resolution, November 25, 2020, Online.
- Bank Capital and the European Recovery from the COVID-19 Crisis, International Summer School Banking and Capital Markets Law, July 10, 2020, Online.
- The Case for a Normatively Charged Approach to Regulating Shadow Banking – Multipolar Regulatory Dialogues as a Means to Detect Tail Risks and Preclude Regulatory Arbitrage, Labex-NYU-SAFE/LawFin Law & Banking/Finance Conference 2020 – Webinar Series, July 14, 2020.
- Alternative Finance and the European Crowdfunding Service Providers (ECSP) for Business, University of Lisbon, November 29, 2019, Lisbon.
- MREL Determination after the Promulgation of BRRD2, Experiences and Reform of the EU Bank Resolution Framework, SRB/EBI Stakeholder Event on Resolution, November 29, 2019, Brussels.
- Symposium Debt Governance – Policy, Structuring and Stewardship Issues, ESMT Berlin, Center for Corporate Governance at HHL Leipzig, Center for Economic Policy Research, DWS Group, November 13, 2019, Berlin.
- The Bail In in the Recent Reform of the BRRD. Institutions for Managing the Crisis of the Company, the Bank and the State, Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza, Università di Siena, September 17, 2019, Sienna.
- TLAC, MREL, CRR2 and BRRD2, International Summer School Banking and Capital Markets Law, July 23, 2019, Villa Vigoni.
- New Technologies in Banking and Finance, Executive Seminar, Florence School of Banking and Finance, June 28, 2019, Florence.
- The New World of Financial Stability, Executive Seminar, Florence School of Banking and Finance, European University Institute (EUI), June 27-28, 2019, Florence.
- Systemic Risk in Concentration of CCP Activities post Brexit, LSE, QMUL, EBI, ESFRC Conference on The Future of UK-EU Financial Services after Brexit, University London, April 1st, 2019, London.
- 4. Symposium Kapitalmarktrecht (Grußwort) [4th Symposium Capital Markets Law (Greetings)], Aktionärsforum Frankfurt, March 27, 2019, Frankfurt.
- Zukunft und Aufsicht der Regulierung, Bundesbank Symposium 2019 – Bankenaufsicht im Dialog [The Future and Supervision of Regulation, Federal Bank Symposium 2019 - Banking Supervision in Dialogue], Congress Centre Kap Europe Frankfurt, March 19, 2019, Frankfurt.
- Lecture and Talk, Universiteit van Amsterdam, The European Resolution Framework, March 6, 2019, Amsterdam.
- Why MREL Won’t Help Much, Seminar between EBI and SRB on Resolution, European Banking Institute (EBI), February 6, 2019, Brussels.
- The European Resolution Framework, Amsterdam Center for Law and Economics, March 3, 2019, Amsterdam.
- Credibility of the Resolution Regime and Preference of Creditors: First Experiences with Decision Making, Liability and Bail-in, Financial Stability Conference 2018, October 31, 2018, ESMT, Berlin.
- Resolution Planning: Too Complex to Work or Cornerstone of a Stable Financial Architecture?, Safe/BaFin Conference on Resolution Planning, September 26, 2018, Frankfurt.
- Legal regulation of crowdfunding, World Congress 2018, International Academy of Comparative Law (IACL), July 24, 2018, Fukuoka.
- Bank Funding Structures – An Academic Perspective, Executive Seminar: Financial Surveillance, Florence School of Banking and Finance, European University Institute (EUI), Juli 6, 2018, Florence.
- Why worry if there’s resolution?, Regulatory Forbearance in Stress Testing, CoCo Conversion, and Bank Resolution, CEPR and Macro Finance Risk Center Workshop, University of Amsterdam, June 8, 2018, Amsterdam.
- Bail-in – The European Experience, Systemic Risk in the Financial Sector: Ten Years after the Global Financial Crisis, Center for International Governance Innovation (CIGI) Conference, May 24, 2018, Toronto.
- Konzern – Einheit oder Vielheit? - Rechtsvergleichende Perspektiven und internationale Entwicklungen [Corporate Group – Unity or Multiplicity? – Comparative Legal Perspectives and International Developments], Jahrestagung der Gesellschaftsrechtlichen Vereinigung Österreichs, April 20, 2018, Vienna.
- Optimal Bail-in Instruments, Banking Law Symposium 2018, University of Auckland Business School, April 9, 2018, Auckland.
- Optimal Bail-in Instruments, Business Law Workshop, Oxford Law Faculty, February 14, 2018, Oxford.
- Die Aufsichtsbefugnisse der EZB im Rahmen des SSM im Licht der bisherigen Erfahrungen [The Supervisory Powers of the ECB within the SSM in Light of the Experience so far], Institut für deutsches und internationales Recht des Spar-, Giro- und Kreditwesens, Universität Mainz, January 24, 2018, Mainz.
- Systemic risk in concentration of CCP activities post Brexit, European Banking Institute, Brexit Seminar, January 10, 2018, Brüssel.
- 5 Years after Liikanen – What Have We Learned?, Sitzung des House of Finance Kuratoriums, November 11, 2017, Frankfurt.
- Germany’s Reluctance to Regulate Related Party Transactions, European Corporate Governance Institute – Oxford University – SAFE Conference on The Law and Finance of Related Party Transactions, October 20, 2017, Frankfurt.
- Umgang mit Negativzinsen, Fachtagung Bankrecht, Sparkassenakademie Niedersachsen, September 7, 2017, Hannover.
- Crowdfunding under German Law, Séminaire franco-allemand sur l'actualité du droit des sociétés et du droit des marchés financiers 2017, University of Paris I (Sorbonne), July 6, 2017, Paris.
- Navigating Through TLAC and MREL, Florence School of Banking and Finance, European University Institute (EUI), Executive Seminar on Banking and Resolution, June 29, 2017, Florence.
- Does Say on Pay Matter? Evidence from the German Natural Experiment, ETH, NYU, SAFE Law & Banking/Finance Conference, June 24, 2017, Bad Homburg.
- Banking Package Review, QED Conference, June 20, 2017, Brussels.
- Bank Managers' Duties Towards Shareholders and Debtholders, Society of European Contract Law (SECOLA) Annual Conference, Bocconi University, June 16, 2017, Milan.
- The Changing Structure of Ownership, Global Corporate Governance Colloquia, June 2, 2017, Tokyo.
- Bank Resolution – Will it Work?, IMFS Panel Discussion, March 27, 2017, Frankfurt.
- Zivilrechtliche Herausforderungen in einem Niedrigzinsumfeld [Private Law Challenges in a Low Interest Rate Environment], Fachtagung Bankrecht, March 23, 2017, Potsdam.
- Immobilienkredite und Finanzmarktstabilität – Besteht ein Bedarf für makroprudenzielle Eingriffe? [Home Loans and Financial Market Stability – Is there a Need for Macroprudential Intervention?], Friedrich-Alexander-University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, January 20, 2017, Nuremberg.
- Private Law issues of the low interest rate environment, Banking Executive Seminar, November 10, 2016, University of Bonn, Bonn.
- Why Bail-in Fails - A Critical Look at a Key Feature of the European Banking Union, McGill University Faculty of Law, October 12, 2016, Montreal.
- Implications of the New Resolution Regimes for Regulators, Florence School of Banking and Finance, European University Institute (EUI), Executive Seminar on Banking and Resolution, July 14, 2016, Florence.
- Negativzinsen und weitere vertragliche Folgen der Niedrigzinsphase, Forschungsstelle Bankrecht an der Westfälischen Wilhelms-Universität Münster, 6. Münsteraner Bankrechtstag, June 3, 2016, Münster.
- Prudentielle Regulierung von Schattenbanken, Conference "Banking jenseits der Banken", April 29, 2016, Constance.
- Interdisciplinary Approach to Law in Modern Social Context - International student and doctoral seminar at the University of Vilnius, April 21, 2016, Vilnius.
- TLAC/MREL in practice - Economical and Legal issues, Challenges for banks in a changing regulatory environment - Workshop European Banking Institute (EBI), January 28, 2016, Frankfurt am Main.
- SSM SRM - – Implementation Challenges, SAFE Summer Academy, September 23, 2015, Brussels.
- Enforcing Liability of Managing Directors in German Stock Corporations, Séminaire franco-allemand, Max Planck Institut, July 2, 2015, Paris.
- Status of the Discussion on the EU-Shareholder Rights Directive - The Future of the Related Transactions in Particular, Conference "Corporate-Governance-Entwicklungen", May 13, 2015, Frankfurt.
- Panel on the Banking Union and Governance of Individual Clients, The Banking Union and the Creation - Symposium European University Institute (EUI), March 19, 2015, Florence.
- From Rhenish Capitalism to Capitalmarket, Max-Planck-Institut für europäische Rechtsgeschichte, February 26/27, 2015, Frankfurt.
- How Special Are They? Targeting Systematic Risk by Regulating Shadow Banking?, IMFS Working Lunch, February 25, 2015, Frankfurt.
- Shadow Banking and Competition, MaCCI Law & Economics Conference 2014 - Financial Regulation and Competition, November 6, 2014, Mannheim.
- Relevant Actors and Decision-making Processes within the SRM, SAFE Conference on Bank Resolution and Reorganization, October 10, 2014, Bad Homburg.
- The Financial Crisis - Coping with the Aftermath, Opening of the Legal Year Seminar of the Bar Council of England and Wales and the Law Society, September 30, 2014, London.
- Objectives and Implementation Issues of the Bail-in Tool, Institute for Law and Finance and Association Européenne pour le Droit Bancaire et Financier Joint Seminar on Bail-in, September 18, 2014, Frankfurt.
- Shadow Bank Regulation, International Conference on European Banking Regulation, Ludwig-Maximilians-University, July 3, 2014, Munich.
- The Single Supervisory Mechanism - Panacea or Quack Banking Regulation?, SAFE Workshop on Financial Regulation: A Transatlantic Perspective, Goethe Universität, June 6, 2014, Frankfurt.
- Does Say on Pay Matter? Evidence from the German natural Experiment, Oxford-LSE Law & Finance Conference, Oxford University, May 23, 2014, Oxford.
- New Rules for Corporate Groups in Europe, Comparative Corporate Governance Distinguished Lecture Series, Fordham University, March 27, 2014, New York.
- Is Corporate Governance Converging in the European Union?, University of Pennsylvania Law School, March 25, 2014, Philadelphia.
- Anteilseinziehung und Abfindungszahlung, Wissenschaftliche Vereinigung für Unternehmens- und Gesellschaftsrecht - Tagung, November 15, 2013, Frankfurt.
- The Single Supervisory Mechanism - Panacea or Quack Banking Regulation?, LawEcon Workshop, November 12, 2013, Bonn.
- Das Vertragsrecht der Krise - Vertragstheorie und -dogmatik im Lichte der Finanzkrise, Griechisch-Deutsches Symposium zwischen den Juristischen Fakultäten der Nationalen und Kapodistrias-Universität Athen und der Goethe-Universität Frankfurt, October 24, 2013, Athens.
- Groups of Companies, German and Nordic Perspectives on Company Law and Capital Markets Law 2013, October 11, 2013, Hamburg.
- Towards a European Banking Union, with Giovanni Dell’Ariccia (International Monetary Fund), Safe Summer Academy, August 30, 2013, Berlin.
- Regulierung durch Privatrecht [Regulation Through Private Law], German-Greek Colloquium, July 17, 2013, Sounion.
- Current developments in EU finacial services law - European Rulebooks and European Supervisors, Gemeinsames Seminar des DAV und des Bar Council of England and Wales, June 21, 2013, Hamburg.
- Das Europäische Wirtschaftsrecht vor neuen Herausforderungen, Deutsch-Griechisches Kolloquium, June 13, 2013, Sounion-Athens.
- UCITS VI, Geldmarktfonds und die Schattenbanken-Diskussion - die Perspektive der Wissenschaft [UCITS VI, Money Market Funds and the Shadow Banking Debate – The Academic Perspective], 5th Liechtenstein Fund Day, University of Liechtenstein, May 22, 2013, Schaan.
- The Eurozone Banking Union – Messiah or Flight of Fancy?, Jesus College, April 11-12, 2013, Oxford.
- The European Banking Union – Does Centralization Facilitate the Effective Supervision of Transnational Financial Institutions?, University of Ottawa, Centre for European Studies - European Union Centre of Excellence, March 28, 2013, Ottawa.
- The European Banking Union – Does Centralization Facilitate the Effective Supervision of Transnational Financial Institutions?, McGill University, March 27, 2013, Montreal.
- Konzernverantwortung - Regulierte Bereiche (KWG/VAG) [Responsibility for Corporate Groups in the Financial Sector], ZHR – Symposion 2013, January 19, 2013, Königstein.
- How special are they? Targeting Systemic Risk by Regulating Shadow Banks, A Market is A Market is a Market: Financial Regulation and the Role of Law in an Era of Global Finance, 6th CLPE Conference, University of Ferrara, November 10, 2012, Ferrara.
- Organisationsentscheidungen von Banken bei grenzüberschreitender Tätigkeit [Organizational Choices of Banks with Cross-Border Activities], Goethe-Universität Frankfurt, Institute for Monetary and Financial Stability, May 9, 2012, Frankfurt.
- Organizational Choices of Banks as an Impediment to Effective Banking Supervision, 2012 Symposium of the Texas International Law Journal, The University of Texas, School of Law, February 10, 2012, Austin.
- Remedies in Context: An Economics Perspective on Uniform Laws
Joint Annual Meeting of Law and Society Association and Canadian Law and Society Association, May 31, 2008, Montreal.
- Erkenntnispotentiale der Spieltheorie für das Recht: Die Sequenz gewährleistungsrechtlicher Rechtsbehelfe als Illustration [Potential Insights from Game Theory in Legal Analysis: Sequencing of Buyer's Remedies in Sales Contracts as an Illustration]
University of Tübingen, Law School, May 26, 2008, Tübingen.
- Asset-Partitioning, Debt-Equity Agency Conflicts, and Choice of Organizational Form
University of St. Gallen, May 9, 2008, St. Gallen.
- Asset-Partitioning, Debt-Equity Agency Conflicts, and Choice of Organizational Form
Public Lectures and Seminars in Law and Economics, European Doctorate in Law and Economics, Università di Bolgna, January 22, 2007, Bologna.
- Nacherfüllung beim Stückkauf: Ineffiziente Systemwidrigkeit oder adäquate gesetzgeberische Nachahmung privatautonomer Vertragslösungen [Specific Substitution and Sales Contracts on Specified Goods: Inefficient Systemic Adversity or Adequate Market Mimicking Rule?]
University of Athens, October 19, 2007, Athens.
- An Agency Theory Approach to Partnership Law
Workshop on: The Economics of the Modern Firm, Jönköping International Business School, September 20-21, 2007, Jönköping.
- Corporate Governance in a Viable Market for Secondary Listings
24th Annual Conference, European Association of Law and Economics (EALE), September 14, 2007, Copenhagen.
- An Agency Theory Approach to Partnership Law
LawEcon Workshop, Bonn Graduate School of Economics, University of Bonn Faculty of Law, and Max-Planck-Institute for Research on Collective Goods, July 17, 2007, Bonn.
- Corporate Governance und Markt für internationale Zweitnotierungen [Corporate Governance and Market for International Secondary Listings]
Max-Planck-Insitute for Research on Collective Goods, July 16, 2007, Bonn.
- Verhaltenszurechnung in Vertragsverhältnissen [Liability for Third Party Actions in Contractual Relations]
5th Colloquium for Postdoctoral Lecturers of the Max-Planck-Insitute for International and Comparative Private Law, June 11-12, 2007, Hamburg.
- Kollektive Einheit, Haftungsverfassung und ökonomische Theorie des Unternehmens [Collective Unity, Liability Constitution and Economic Theory of the Firm], Plenum Young Corporate Law, Heinrich-Heine University, Institute for Corporate Law, June 1-2, 2007, Düsseldorf.
- Comparative Corporate Culture: The Prospects of Convergence on a Standard Model of Corporate Governance,
Guest Lecture, McGill University, Faculty of Law, March 14, 2007, Montreal.
- Corporate Governance in a Viable Market for Secondary Listings
Annual Law & Economics Conference 2007, Università di Bologna, European Master of Law and Economics, February 16, 2007, Bologna.
- Internationale Mehrfachnotierungen [International Multiple Listings], Plenum Young Corporate Law, Heinrich-Heine University, Institute for Corporate Law, November 3-4, 2006, Düsseldorf.
- Das neue Schuldrecht. Zielsetzung und erste Erfahrungen [The New Law of Obligations - Goals and First Experiences]
Conference "Service Through the Third Power? - Judiciary on New Paths" of Bund Deutscher Rechtspfleger in cooperation with Protestant Academy Bad Boll, November 13-15, 2002, Bad Boll.
- Schuldrecht für Europa - Probleme der Rechtsangleichung durch Richtlinien am Beispiel der Verbrauchsgüterkauf-Richtlinie (1999/44/EG) [Law of Obligations for Europe - Problems of Legal Harmonization with Directives illustrated on the Example of the Consumer-Sales-Directive (1999/44/EC)]
VII. Congress Young Lawyers and Economy "Europe of Citizens? - After the Introduction of the Euro and before EC-Enlargement - Interim Results and Perspectives" der Hanns Martin Schleyer-Stiftung, May 22-24, 2002, Essen.
Research Networks and Roundtables
- Forum for Young Corporate and Capital Market Lawyers, Frankfurt
- Panel of Young Corparate Law Scholars at Heinrich-Heine-University, Centre for Business and Corparate Law, June 7, 2008, Düsseldorf
- Frankfurter Gesprächskreis Unternehmensrecht, Frankfurt.