Personal Details of Professor Dr Bernd Waas
Professor Dr Bernd Waas
Chair of Labour Law and Civil Law under consideration of European and International Labour Law
Main research interests
Publication list of Prof. Dr. Bernd Waas
- Legal studies in Tübingen and Munich, scholar of the German National Academic Foundation (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes).
- Academic senior councilor („akademischer Oberrat“) at the Institute for Labour Law and Industrial Relations in the European Union (IAAEU), Trier, Germany.
- Feodor Lynen Research Fellow of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
- Doctorate („Promotion”) and postdoctoral lecture qualification („Habilitation”), Trier, Germany.
- Chair of Civil Law, Labour Law and Comparative Law at the FernUniversität Hagen, Germany.
- Director of the Institute of German and European Labour and Social Law (IDEAS) at the FernUniversität Hagen, Germany.
- Since 2009: Chair of Labour Law at the Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main.
- Managing Director of the Institute for Civil and Business Law, Faculty of Law, Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main.
- Lectures: Europe, US, Japan, China, South Korea, South Africa.
- Coordinator of the European Labour Law Network and the European network of legal experts in the field of labour law, dealing with both individual and collective rights/ aspects, assisting the Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion of the European Commission, together with Prof. Dr. Guus Heerma van Voos (University of Leiden, the Netherlands).
- Coordinator and member of the study group on a Restatement of European Labour Law.
- Member of the advisory committee of the Labour Law Research Network.
- Co-editor of the Studies in Labour Law and Comparative Labour Law („Studien zum Arbeitsrecht und zur Arbeitsrechtsvergleichung“), published by Peter Lang-International Academic Publishers, Frankfurt am Main.
- Co-editor of the Social Europe Series, published by Intersentia Publishing House.
- Co-editor of the European Labour Law Journal, published by Intersentia Publishing House.
- Member of the advisory board of the German Journal of Industrial Relations (“Industrielle Beziehungen - Zeitschrift für Arbeit, Organisation und Management“), published by Rainer Hampp Publishing Company.
- Member of the advisory board of the German Review of Social Policy („Sozialer Fortschritt - Unabhängige Zeitschrift für Sozialpolitik“), Duncker & Humblot Publishing Company.
- Member of the advisory board of the Journal Monitor Prawa Pracy.
- Member of the advisory board of the Hugo Sinzheimer Institut of Labour Law (HSI).
- Regular contributor of the Journal „Recht der Internationalen Wirtschaft – RIW“.
- Member of the advisory board of the International Journal of Legislative Drafting and Law Reform.
- Third Party Projects: Fritz Thyssen Stiftung, Jean Monnet Programme, Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, Böckler Stiftung, Hugo Sinzheimer Stiftung a.o.
- Counsel at the German Parliament.
- Counsel at the Legislative Affairs Committee of the National People´s Congress (People’s Republic of China).